Reporting an Incident
Who: The Chapter/Colony “A” should be the main point of contact.
- Any injury to a member or guest that occurred as a result of a fraternity-related activity or an event a reasonable observer could associate with the Fraternity
- Any injury to a member or guest that occurred on fraternity property
- Allegations of sexual assault, abuse, harassment or misconduct connected with a member or guest
- Any inquiries by authorities or legal counsel regarding an incident related to the chapter/colony
When: Within 24 hours of becoming aware of any of the previous items, contact Headquarters.
Where: The Incident Report Form is linked above. In addition, contact Headquarters at 319-337-4811.
How: Gather as much information as possible. This includes the names of any individuals involved, the location of the incident, circumstances surrounding any injury, any medical attention sought, and any other facts that are available. Disclose ALL facts that are known to the International Headquarters (IHQ) and other parties instructed to disclose to by the IHQ Legal Advisor.
- Do not admit responsibility or liability for any incident.
- Speak with IHQ before communicating with an attorney.
- The chapter “A” should be the main spokesperson and no other members should speak with any individuals regarding an incident, unless requested to do so by law enforcement.
- Keep IHQ informed of any updates that occur or any additional information that becomes available.